Andy for Mayor 2009?
Should I run again? I’ve already got the domain name and it just seems silly that Bloomberg should run virtually unopposed.
My platform would include-but not be limited to- the following ten points (after the jump):
- Free Subways – mayoral oversight of the MTA
- affordable housing for the middle class
- health insurance for all and/or access to medical care for all
- Free public wi-fi
- Greater oversight of public spending – less wasteful spending on outside contractors and better use of our existing, qualified,union, government workers
- More open and democratic process of school reform
- public/private partnerships to enhance civil society, not to build stadiums; increase the role of arts and culture in civic life.
- gay marriage equality
- Web 2.0 initiatives to increase government transparency and citizen participation in government.
- Promote small business and start-ups through incentive programs
I have a vision for this city to revitalize its economy for the 21st century, to promote innovation, create a green city and make us less dependent on Big Finance for our tax base. If enough people vote for me to run, with your help, I’ll flesh out the platform more using Web 2.0 technologies. Transparency, accountability, inclusion, innovation. INNOVATE NYC!